Meet your diversity hiring goals by recruiting Deaf workers.
Become a standard bearer in your industry by creating a truly inclusive workplace. Use these resources to make sure that you are not only following the law, but making sure that you are cultivating an environment that encourages Deaf success.
Here is a list of some useful disability accommodation resources for employers supporting Deaf job creation:
EEOC Disability Accommodation Tips – U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Tips for Small Businesses
ADA.gov Info & Technical Assistance – Discover more about the Americans with Disabilities Act
ADA Requirements – Effective Communication – Tips on Deaf and hearing communication from ADA.gov.
Job Accommodations Network – JAN – Resources for questions about the Americans with Disability Act
EEOC Guidance on Deafness and Hearing Loss – Questions and answers about Deafness and hearing impairments in the workplace
NTID Employer Resources – Resources for employers of Deaf workers
Diversity management tools and resources ensure Deaf employment success.
CSD Works offers additional services for companies committed to diversity and inclusion. We can:
- Review your company policies, benefits and procedures to provide recommendations for creating an equitable, diverse employment experience for all.
- Refer you to sign language interpreters and CART services.
- Connect you with Deaf Talent for marketing and creative services.
- Recommend solutions for creating a customer service program in American Sign Language.
- Offer a comprehensive online training package that will support the development, dissemination and evaluation of your training courses, translated from your current or developed curriculum.