St Joseph’s School for the Deaf is seeking an Art teacher to plan developmental arts curriculum geared towards the acquisition of art skills, aesthetics, visual/perception and motor skills and improved self-image. This curriculum is carried out in the art classes taught by the art teacher.
Follow Professional Calendar (182 days)
- B.F.A Art Education, B.A. or B.S. in an Education related area (preferred)
- M.Ed.- Education
- NYS Certification – Art Teacher
- NYS Certification – Teacher of the Deaf (or other related area)
- N-6 or Early Childhood Education (preferred)
- SCPI or ASLPI rating score of proficient or above preferred (required within 3 years as per personnel policy)
- Ability to work as a team member and work collaboratively with staff.
- Shows enthusiasm for Art, Arts in Education and children’s participation in the arts.
- Is dedicated to developing in children: the aesthetic values of art, techniques, their own potentials as students of Art, responsibility and sharing, improved self-image, communication skills.
- Ability to work with typical and atypical learners, learn strategies to coordinate classroom interaction with Art instruction
- Develop literacy skills within the context of the Art
Department Supervisor, Executive Director
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”