Immediately Available: Front Desk Receptionist, Deaf Centers of Nevada
Deaf Centers of Nevada, (DCN) is a private, non-profit social service agency that serves individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, and late deafened and their families, friends, and community service providers in the State of Nevada. Our Mission is to:
1) advocate for the rights of full and equal access to education and employment and services that improve the quality of lives;
2) educate the community of unique communicative needs, abilities, and accomplishments;
3) and serve the diverse community of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and Deaf-Blind individuals to live independently and productively.
Reporting to the Office Manager the Front Desk Receptionist for the Southern Nevada Center will be responsible for answering incoming telephone and videophone calls, directing these calls to appropriate staff, clerical support and other typical front office tasks. The Receptionist is the first point of contact for the entire organization, which requires advanced ASL skills, a positive attitude and polished, professional appearance. This position reports to the Office Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provides the necessary office and front desk support to Southern Nevada Center.
• Welcomes on-site guests and determine nature of visit, and forwards arrival to appropriate staff.
• Answers incoming voice, videophone and TTY calls, determining purpose of caller, and forwarding calls to pertinent staff.
• Takes and delivers messages or transferring calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Assists Office Manager with clerical duties to include faxing, copying, and organizing/maintaining files.
• Prepares routine letters, reports and memorandum for Southern Nevada Center, retrieve documents, records and information as well as prepare responses of routine inquiries.
• Follows filing systems procedures in the office and ensures that these systems are up to date and that records are maintained in a secure and confidential fashion.
• Maintains a safe and secure working environment.
• Conducts Informational and Referral activities.
• Develops and participates in program activities for Deaf Centers of Nevada.
• Support administrative and special projects requirements, as assigned.
• High school degree or GED
• Experience in office support or a related field (preferred)
• Experience in working with deaf and hearing communities (3-5 years preferred)
• Basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Good customer service, organizational and office skills
• ASL/Deaf Culture knowledge
• Familiarity of community resources for the Deaf and related communities
• Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse constituency of clients and maintain confidentiality
• Applicant must successfully complete a criminal background check for this position.
This position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary and benefits will be competitive, consistent with the Las Vegas area, and commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Deaf Centers of Nevada is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates must send a cover letter to convey your ability to meet the job description and detailed resumé by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Only accepted via mail or email:
Mail: Deaf Centers of Nevada
c/o Amanda Grayson
8020 W Sahara Ave #125
Las Vegas, NV 89117