NOW HIRING: Director of Finance, Deaf Centers of Nevada
Deaf Centers of Nevada, (DCN) is a private, non-profit social service agency that serves individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, and late deafened and their families, friends, and community service providers in the State of Nevada. Our Mission is to:
1) advocate for the rights of full and equal access to education and employment and services that improve the quality of lives;
2) educate the community of unique communicative needs, abilities, and accomplishments;
3) and serve the diverse community of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and Deaf-Blind individuals to live independently and productively.
ABOUT the POSITION:
The Director of Finance (DOF) is responsible for all aspects of the financial operations for the agency, including Human Resources (HR) and Property Management. Reports directly to the Executive Director (ED), the DOF provides accounting, budgetary, operational, and programmatic support to all agency programs and activities. The DOF directly oversees and supervises the financial/accounting staff and other departments as directed by the ED. The DOF is responsible for hiring procedures and privacy of HR records. This position also monitors and manages all Fixed Assets and Property. The DOF is the primary agency contact for all contractual matters, proposals for new or extended programs, and new business development. The DOF serves as an active member of the Executive Management Team helping to develop and implement the agency’s vision and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Actively manage the day to day accounting and financial operations of the agency.
• Develop budgets for the agency as a whole, individual programs and new/proposed/expanded services, including the preparation of budget revisions as needed.
• Prepare, analyze and present monthly financial reports for the agency, its programs, and activities.
• Report on financial results and issues to the ED and Board of Directors.
• Oversee and review the preparation of all program financial reporting required for funding sources.
• Manage the Billing, Accounts Receivable and Accounts payables functions/staffs and the integration of billing information from the Electronic Health Record system into the accounting system.
• Provide day to day financial management of Deaf Centers of Nevada (DCN).
• Oversee the agency’s banking activities and actively manage cash flow to ensure it meets agency needs.
• Manage the negotiation and execution of agency contracts with funding sources, vendors and collaborative service providers.
• Manage accounting control systems and internal audits enduring the accurate and timely production of accounting information and financial reports.
• Monitor changes in legal, regulatory and administrative environments and implement changes in procedures and needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results.
• Manage the agency’s liability insurance program, including ongoing risk analysis.
• Review efficiency/effectiveness of employee benefit programs, seeking approaches to lower costs where possible and consistent with required quality levels.
• Serve as the agency’s primary liaison with its independent Auditor to ensure all audits are completed smoothly and in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Skills:
• General accounting and financial reporting procedures in accordance with ADSD expectations and GAAP guidelines.
• ADSD contract/grant budgeting/reporting procedures and requirements.
• Human Resources related laws, regulations and practices.
• Payroll reporting and processing of payroll taxes.
• Employee benefits, including the management of health care and retirement plans.
• Electronic Healthcare Record system.
• General office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and accounting software packages.
• Manage and oversee all aspects of the financial/accounting management function.
• Create, analyze and report on financial statements and budgets.
• Supervise staff and provide performance evaluations and improvement plans.
• Analyze and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Work well with, and be responsive to the needs of, internal and external customers, including the Board of Directors, funding sources, other provider organizations.
• Manage priorities effectively to meet deadlines and demonstrate multi-tasking skills.
• Assimilate new information and technology.
• Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; with Master’s degree preferred.
• Five to seven years of senior management experience with organization with operations in excess of $2 million per year and over 25 employees in the health care sector, preferably with a non-profit agency.
• Certified Public Accountant designation a plus.
This position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary and benefits will be competitive, consistent with the Las Vegas area, and commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Deaf Centers of Nevada is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates must send a cover letter to convey your ability to meet the job description and detailed resumé by Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Only accepted via mail or email:
Mail: Deaf Centers of Nevada
c/o Amanda Grayson
8020 W Sahara Ave #125
Las Vegas, NV 89117