Immediately Available: Director of Operations, Deaf Centers of Nevada
Deaf Centers of Nevada, (DCN) is a private, non-profit social service agency that serves individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, and late deafened and their families, friends, and community service providers in the State of Nevada. Our Mission is to:
1) advocate for the rights of full and equal access to education and employment and services that improve the quality of lives;
2) educate the community of unique communicative needs, abilities, and accomplishments;
3) and serve the diverse community of Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Late-Deafened and Deaf-Blind individuals to live independently and productively.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations must be a leader who is able to guide others at DCN deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the DCN vision a reality. Importantly, the successful Director of Operations will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. While it is essential that the Director of Operations bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, it is also critical that the team retain the creative spark that drives the DCN mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Director of Operations will lead internal statewide operations and have the following responsibilities:
• Work with the board and Executive Director to create the strategic five-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it
• Serve as the internal leader of the organization:
o Coordinate the annual operations plan with the budget
o Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
o Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for all staff
o Bridge statewide operations
o Support an open-door policy among all staff
• Create, monitor, and report key impact measurements
• Ensure that all programmatic partners renew their contracts
• Develop curriculum, tools, and training that meet cost guidelines
• Cultivate the values of DCN within the organization
• Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture within DCN
• Upgrade staff development functions including: training, development, and performance evaluation
• Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall
• Ensure that programs are adhering to budget guidelines
• Assist with proposal preparation and granting writing
• Present to the board as requested by the Executive Director and
• Serve on relevant board committees, as assigned by the Executive Director
• seven to ten years of nonprofit management experience, ideally including staff training, staff development, and staff evaluation;
• experience supervising and evaluating multiple programs;
• experience creating, implementing, and meeting program impact measures;
• experience in grant writing;
• knowledge of and adhering to budgets.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field required; MA or similar advanced degree highly desired.
This position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Relocation assistance is not available.
Salary and benefits will be competitive, consistent with the Las Vegas area, and commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Deaf Centers of Nevada is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates must send a cover letter to convey your ability to meet the job description and detailed resumé by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Only accepted via mail or email:
Mail: Deaf Centers of Nevada
c/o Amanda Grayson
8020 W Sahara Ave #125
Las Vegas, NV 89117