Professional sign language interpreting agency in the greater NYC metropolitan area seeks a charismatic Interpreter Coordinator to join our growing team.
This is a remote position with fixed daytime hours every week: Monday – Friday from 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Triaging customer requests for completeness and accuracy
– Entering appointments into an online scheduling portal
– Identifying gaps in information and following up with customers as needed
– Assigning interpreters with the proper skills and qualifications to fulfill customer requests
– Ensuring appointments are always updated with current information and prep materials
– Sending customer confirmations via email
– Offering customer support and resources as needed
– Responding to phone calls and emails quickly and efficiently
– Forming strong relationships with ongoing customers and understanding their specific needs
– Developing strong working relationships with contract providers and staff interpreters
– Outreach to the interpreter community to grow our team
– Onboarding new interpreters
– Maintaining up to date personnel files
In direct coordination with our small administrative team, the Interpreter Coordinator ensures assignments are covered, interpreters are set up for success in the field, and customers are communicated with in a manner that is effective and respectful every step of the way.
Interpreter Coordinator must be fluent in ASL, and knowledgeable about Deaf culture and the varied communication needs of those with hearing loss. The right candidate will be EXTREMELY organized, as they will be required to follow specific workflow processes (such as spreadsheets and step-by-step instructions) that require meticulous attention to detail. Interpreter coordinator must able to multitask while remaining flexible with a constantly shifting set of priorities. We are seeking a self-starter who looks to answer their own questions and proactively seeks solutions to problems.
Our company is highly focused on delivering an extraordinary Customer Service experience! Preferred applicants will have a background working in a customer-facing position, and will demonstrate a true passion for engaging with customers and staff in a friendly, positive way.
Selected candidate will be working with a small team and there is room to develop your role over time. This is a great opportunity for the right person to grow along with a successful young company!
– Bachelor’s Degree [or] 5+ years of relevant work history
– At least 3-5 years professional administrative experience
– Basic understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act
– Familiarity with Deaf communication modalities and the use of technology and assistive equipment to facilitate communication access
– Strong technical capabilities, with the willingness and ability to quickly learn new software or online systems
– Proficiency with Google Drive software suite, including Sheets and Docs
– Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
– Great time management and self-motivation
– Ability to develop consistent and reliable processes
– Can prioritize a variety of tasks
– Excellent interpersonal communication skills
– Appreciates a challenge
– Background working within the Deaf community, either professionally or as an ally
– Willing to travel to NYC occasionally for company-related events
– Experience as an interpreter or with an interpreting agency preferred, but not required
Please note: we are actively seeking candidates who are fluent in American Sign Language and familiar with Deaf Culture.
Chosen applicants will be provided extensive hands-on training either in person or remotely. Training period can be expected to last approximately 3 months and will be offer immersive on the job experience with support from our existing staff.
If you are interested in applying to be our Interpreter Coordinator, please submit a resume along with a cover letter that explains your experience and what about this position most appeals to you.
SEND TO: INFO@LCINTERPRETINGSERVICES.COM