Start or enhance your career path with DEAF Inc. Become affiliated with the only organization in the St. Louis Metro area which 100% completely supports and benefits the deaf and hard of hearing community! Join and be a part of an organization that nurtures your career and values you.
JOB TITLE: Video Producer
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri
JOB CLASS: Full-Time, Exempt
The Video Producer manages all DEAF, Inc.’s video and motion graphics projects from start to completion (participating and/or supervising creative development through post production). The Video Producer develops and maintains professional relationships with the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and hearing members of the St. Louis metro community to ensure that DEAF, Inc. remains consistent in continuing to provide top-notch customer service. This position reports to the Marketing Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages video production department.
- Trains and supervises any video production department employees.
- Collaborates with outreach, support groups, youth programs, and marketing departments to incorporate video media as needed for announcements, events, etc.
- Organizes and maintains video studio and equipment, as well as purchasing/renting equipment as needed.
- Monitors and maintains DEAF, Inc.’s video media channels.
- Monitors and maintains DEAF, Inc.’s video contracts with external clients.
- Shoots videos for DEAF, Inc.’s website, social media (or other platforms), showcasing products, features, announcements, events and company culture.
- Supervises the entire video production process from beginning to end, and everything in between.
- Proactively and independently proposes new video concepts, content, or formats, and follows through with them.
- Identifies and tracks key metrics pertaining to video performance and adapts accordingly.
- Maintains close communication with clients.
- Creates video production estimates and schedules.
- Participates in creative development as needed.
- Writes or supervises scripting.
- Find and book necessary production crews; managing media freelancers/employees/interns when needed.
- Manage and provide (open and/or closed) captioning services and visual narratives for Deaf-Blind on all DEAF, Inc. related videos.
- Oversees casting as well as negotiates talent rates/usage
- Directs talent on sets
- Supervises all aspects of video shoots in studio or on location
- Supervises all post-production, including researching stock footage/photos
- Logs footage & supervises editing
- Supervise motion graphics
- Coordinate voiceover talent & directs voiceover sessions
- Manages the delivery of all final assets to clients
- Actualizes jobs, and creates final estimates/invoices
- Responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the studio.
- Responsible for developing and managing an optimal video production budget.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizing – Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – The ability for solving conflict, Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Communication – Communicates clearly and persuasively in all situations; gets clarification if needed; Writes clearly and able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently in communication with Director of Marketing in regard to attendance and punctuality; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Keeps
commitments and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- AA, BFA or BA degree preferred with film or broadcast focus.
- At least 2-4 years post-college professional video experience preferred.
- Must have link or access to portfolio of work showcasing outstanding creative execution.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform.
- Experience with 4K or higher resolution workflows.
- Extremely careful attention to details.
- Must be proficient in sign language.
- English proficiency with good grammatical and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sales experience, preferred.
Deadline: Until filled
Please send your application, resume and supporting materials to email@example.com.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other status which may be protected by Federal, State or local law.