The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB), located in Colorado Springs at the foot of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, invites you to consider our employment opportunities. Interested persons are invited to visit CSDB’s website at … http://csdb.org/, where the official job announcement for Transition Teacher / Employability Center may be found in its entirety, including major duties/responsibilities, under Non-Classified employment. This job announcement is open until the positions are filled.
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION
This position reports to the Principal of the Employability Center, and is responsible for providing standards-based instruction to high school and transition-aged students who are Deaf/hard-of-hearing, blind/visually-impaired, and who may have other disabilities. Utilizes Colorado State Standards and benchmarks in establishing transition instructional goals; and provides assessments that measure whether students meet standards, in a safe and civil school environment. Works with community employers to provide hands-on transition instruction within a variety of work sites.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Education or closely related field from an accredited college or university, with specialization in Special Education, Deaf Education, or Education of the Visually Impaired.
- Must hold or be eligible for appropriate educator licensure in the State of Colorado, endorsed as a Special Education Generalist or Special Education Specialist: Deaf / Hard-of-Hearing or Visually Impaired, and/or Secondary Colorado Career and Technical Education (CTE) Specialist.
- Experience teaching / working with young adults who are special needs, Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing and/or Blind/visually impaired in an educational or vocational environment.
- If assigned as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) … ability to demonstrate competency in Braille by the end of the first instructional year, as evidenced by possession of a CDE Certificate of Braille Competency.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) at a required skill level as demonstrated through an appropriate assessment tool and per school policy / procedure. Required level is based upon assignment; i.e., Advanced (3+) if assigned with students who are Deaf/HH, Novice (0+) if assigned with students who are blind/visually impaired.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time; scheduled to work the standard number of days in the academic year (as per established School Calendar, currently 195 days, August to June).
- The annual base salary shall be established pursuant to the Teacher Salary Schedule, and based upon appropriate education and experience.
- Employment is at-will, with no actual, expressed or implied contract.
Application Instructions: Interested persons are invited to visit the CSDB website (Non-Classified Employment) to view the official job announcement in its entirety; follow the instructions to submit a complete on-line application (to include references), and to upload the following items to the on-line application: formal letter of interest, current resume, recent letters of recommendation (with signature), copies of all transcripts, and a copy of current educator certification. Contact information:
Chelle Lutz, Human Resources Office
Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind / Website: http://csdb.org/
33 North Institute Street; Colorado Springs, CO 80903
E-mail: email@example.com; (719) 578-2114 (phone); (719) 578-2239 (fax)
INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON-SITE AT THE COLORADO SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF & THE BLIND
CSDB is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER