POSITION: Case Manager for the Deaf
Office of Field Services I Talladega Regional Center
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Deaf Education, Psychology, Special Education, Social Work, Human Services, Deaf Studies, Education, Rehabilitation, or American Sign Language
- Must have at least one year experience working with adults and/or school age children who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing or DeafBlind.
- Must have a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system (SCPI). ADVANCED level must be obtained within thirty (30) months of
- Must demonstrate effective communication
- Must have knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to consumers who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Rehabilitation
- Must possess knowledge and/or experience with assistive technology/devices for individuals who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing or DeafBlind.
- Must have knowledge of computers/data entry.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) with some
Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Provide regularly scheduled appointments for consumers, families, and agency personnel as needed within the Talladega region.
- Contact agencies and businesses for individual clients on an as-needed basis.
- Provide technical assistance training to consumers who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind in using adaptive devices (telephone equipment, relay services, fax machines, computers, ).
- Assist the Director and Interpreter Coordinator in filling interpreting
- Must collaborate with the Director, Case Manager for Blind, and Interpreter Coordinator to provide services for consumers who are DeafBlind.
- Must collaborate with state and community agencies to ensure Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind consumers reach their maximum
- Submit required paperwork in a timely manner to Regional Center Secretary and Regional
- Plan and participate in community education programs such as training sessions, university classes, workshops, and conferences related to Deaf awareness and Deaf
- Assist consumers with independent living ski
- Function as the referral and resource person for consumers, agencies, and the general
- Demonstrate professional conduct by compliance with Alabama Ethics
- Develop and coordinate programs and services for consumers as
- Maintain accurate records (including data entry) and submit monthly reports requested.
- Promote positive communication between regional center and Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind community.
- Function as a liaison and advocate for the Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind
- Serve on boards, advisory committees, advisory councils, COSDA, and others with Regional Director’s
- Work as an effective team member of the Talladega Regional
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional
SALARY: $42,325-$63,664 Scale PI Rank 53(260 Days)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 8, 2019
APPLY HERE: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=11689&PageID=1469&fbclid=IwAR1kdCgX_m5gHjBIY07A3Pn_MTOmDY0HH2QvWlMxGx84tCBIp-Ak8uNBzwg