The Department of Economic Security is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. This position will report to the Supervisor/Program Manager and provide vocational rehabilitation counseling and guidance to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing and or have a combined vision and hearing loss independent of or including other disabilities to address impediments to employment and gain the skills to enter or retain employment.
The deadline to apply is 09/10/2020
- Introduces clients to the vocational rehabilitation program including program eligibility criteria and client’s right and responsibilities.
- Reviews client’s medical and/or psychological information to identify employment needs and goals as well as available services and resources.
- Provides vocational counseling, career exploration, and labor market exploration to determine suitable employment goals.
- Meets with clients on one on one basis to problem solve and establish or modify an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Provides case management and maintains regular contact with clients, service providers, and collaborative programs, and assess services and IPE progress.
- Manages fiscal resources including authorizing, reviewing, and payment of services.
- Provides case management to clients with complex needs and goals
- Serves as program liaison for specialized groups
- Provides guidance to Entry Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- May serve as back up to the Rehabilitation Supervisor
- Provides case management to clients with high complexity level
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, statutes, rules, regulations pertaining to vocational rehabilitation services.
- At least one year of case management experience.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Broad knowledge of physical, mental, and cognitive disabilities.
- Familiar with referral and community resources.
- Understands computer access technology and assistive aids & devices.
- Knowledge of occupational opportunities and labor market trends.
- Ability to motivate clients in achieving goals.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Strong time management skills.
- Resourceful and problem solver.