Under close supervision, the Maintenance Trades Helper assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill. The kind of work the helper performs varies from trade to trade. Employees in this job class keep a worker supplied with materials and tools, clean work areas, machines, and equipment. This is an entry-level position.
The deadline to apply is 10/01/2020
- Performs a variety of lesser skilled maintenance duties.
- Assist journeyman by supplying, lifting and holding materials or tools.
- Performs unskilled tasks as directed by a journeyman.
- May perform specialized machine operations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably in construction or maintenance
- Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of tools and equipment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from customers and others;
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
- Basic mathematical ability, ability to read and use measurements;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities; and fill-in during absences to maintain quality of service;
- Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and common sense skills.