Provide ASL assessment, instruction, and instructional support to all age levels.
The deadline to apply is 02/26/2021
Teach American Sign Language to all grade levels/ages.
Work with a team to develop ASL curriculum and ASL instructional language assessment.
Observe and evaluate students’ work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement using various ASL assessments tools.
Observe students to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities to provide ASL support.
Consult with teachers and support staff members regarding signing specific concepts and instructional materials within various contexts.
Work with teachers and support staff to develop and teach ASL goals for classroom-based instruction and individual student needs.
Work collaboratively with teachers and support staff to develop ASL curriculum/Deaf Studies curriculum and informal assessment instruments.
Develop ASL-based video materials for ASL professional development needs.
Develop and present ongoing professional development opportunities for teachers and support staff members.
Work collaboratively to provide ASL instructional support including the development of ASL-based video materials.
Conduct, evaluate and report on ASL Assessment using various tools.
Prepare quarterly, annual and evaluative reports in the area of ASL and related academic skills as needed.
– Master’s Degree in Deaf Education or related field preferred
– Prior experience teaching ASL classes for Deaf L1 students and/or L2 learners
– Ability to work effectively as part of an educational team
– Prior experience working with students preferred
– Ability to accept and constructively use feedback and suggestions regarding job responsibilities and performance
– A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign – – — Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred