School for the Blind- elementary, middle and high school including students with multiple disabilities
School for the Deaf- elementary, middle and high school including students with multiple disabilities. Intermediate to advance American Sign Language needed for the classes taught through sign language. Spoken English needed for classes taught through more oral/aural methods.
The deadline to apply is 04/01/2021
• Implement plans prepared by teacher and evaluate instruction consistent with the individual needs of assigned students to include integration opportunities.
• Maintain effective parent contacts and communicate effectively with students, staff, and the public.
• Adhere to the philosophy and policies of the agency.
• Develop and maintain accurate records/reports to document student performance.
• Use classroom management techniques which result in student progress toward stated objectives.
• Ensure safety of students.
• Carry out other related duties as assigned.
• Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
• Long term assignments will include planning work
• Some positions require expressive and receptive sign language skills.
• Good organization and communication skills.
• Knowledge of essential skills of effective instruction.
• Knowledge of child growth and development.
Level II: Persons with a Bachelor’s or higher degree and a current Arizona teaching or sub teaching certificate.
Level III: Persons with a Bachelor’s or higher degree, current state Arizona teaching or sub teaching certificate, and a national certificate or training in the education of the visually impaired, hearing impaired, or multiply disabled severely sensory impaired.