Location: North Kingstown, Rhode Island
This is a hybrid (both mobile and site-based) position that provides direct clinical services as well as support and oversight in the delivery of clinical support services by direct support professionals to address behavioral concerns, socioemotional needs, and improvement of community participation and inclusion of people served.
Facilitates clinical best practices to optimize the wellbeing and social involvement of DHOH adults with additional disabilities. This approach uses education, facilitation skills, and advocacy to obtain these goals as reflected in each Individual’s ISP. Works collaboratively as part of a team that may include family members, natural supports, community resources, care providers, management and nursing. Advocates for the best interests of each individual in developing their personal potential, quality of and satisfaction in life, and their involvement in their community. Maintains records as required by Agency policy and State regulations. Works with autonomy and independence, prioritizes needs, and manages time effectively.
Deadline to Apply: 06/30/2022
- Program Development and Maintenance
- Education and Training
- Independent Work & Organizational Skills
- Policies, Procedures and Rules Compliance
- Job Development
- Masters Degree in psychology, social work, education, ABA or related field and eligibility to be licensed in RI.
- Broad based of knowledge including: functional assessment, treatment planning, behavior support plan development & program development.
- Experience working with people who are Deaf with additional disabilities (e.g., intellectual disabilities, severe mental illness, people on the autism spectrum, and other mental health issues) in a variety of settings.
- Ability to collaborate professionally with support team members working to build the capacity of care providers and others working directly with the individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in American Sign Language
- Excellent communication skills
Additional Notes: Advertisement in ASL: https://youtu.be/lmXqrCeQes8
Please submit Written Letter of Interest and Resume to Sherry Zarembka – email@example.com
See full description of the job and apply by clicking here.