POSITION: Certification Maintenance Program Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Specialist, Full-time (40+ hours/week), Remote, Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: CMP Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1, 2022
The Professional Development Specialist performs day-to-day operations of the Professional Development department to ensure smooth and efficient workflow; assists with other aspects of the department, including sponsor and education management, and other projects as assigned.
Deadline to Apply: 06/01/2022
- Customer Service: Assist with providing customer service support for the department. This includes responding to phone, VP, and email inquiries from members and RID approved CMP sponsors.
- Data Entry: Assist with data entry related to the Certification Maintenance Program. This will include education activities, workshops, sponsor data, etc. Handle all transcript-related discrepancies in a timely manner. Assist with the certification renewal process on a yearly basis to ensure the accurate entry of workshop data and to prepare and send out revocation notices
- Sponsor management: Assist with regular communication and collaboration with all RID approved CMP sponsors. Process all sponsor requests in a timely manner to ensure the expedient delivery of members’ CEUs. Assist with preparing, tracking, and processing yearly CMP sponsor dues for all RID approved sponsors
- Department Maintenance: Assist with maintaining and updating any and all policies and procedure manuals to maximize quality and efficiency as needed
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all sensitive information handled by the department
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A strong commitment to clear, efficient, and excellent customer service
- Experience in the field of lifelong learning and professional development preferred
- Demonstration of organizational and project management skills; able to organize and prioritize multiple and complex projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience in a non-profit association and/or with certification preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and speed, as well as meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel and Word)
- Able to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- RID Headquarters is a signing environment. Employees are required to demonstrate the ability to use ASL effectively
Additional Notes: SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a Specialist-level position with a salary range starting at $45,000. Salary is adjusted based upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
RID offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
Medical/dental/vision/ life insurance
401K Retirement contribution matching
Various paid and parental leave policies, and federal holidays off
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
WMATA Smart Benefits
Flexible schedules and opportunities to work from home
Support for staff volunteerism
TO APPLY: If you are interested in the position, please send a cover letter/video and resume via email, referencing “CMP Specialist” in the subject line, to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. is 501(c)3 non-profit, and an equal opportunity employer.
Email your application by clicking here.