Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
WCI is seeking caring, enthusiastic, motivated Deaf/ASL fluent Employment Specialists to support/coach Deaf Individuals with intellectual and development, behavioral challenges, and physical disabilities at various job sites and at the day program site located in Waltham, MA. Our Day/Employment program offers a Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm work schedule, no nights or Weekends. Full-time and part-time opportunities are available.
Students in ASL language programs are welcome to apply. This is a wonderful opportunity to improve on and practice ASL skills.
Deadline to Apply: 10/01/2022
- Job Responsibilities include: • Support the individuals in their daily schedule, including work, community, and recreational activities. • Provides transportation to and from jobs as directed by the Employment Coordinator. • Coach Individuals while on job assignments to increase the likelihood of successful placement and employer satisfaction. • Notify supervisor of any necessary modifications needed for the job or environment. • Ensure Individuals are in compliance with policies, procedures, and standards at the work site. • Implement instructional programs, such as task analyses, skill acquisition programs, social/behavioral plans, and personal hygiene routines, including data collection and data summary. • Implement all formal/informal, social/behavioral approaches including monitoring (role modeling) and documentation; all ISP (Individual Support Plan) related duties.
- Qualifications: • High School Graduate. Some college preferred. • American Sign Language (ASL) Fluency • At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with Intellectual and developmental disabilities, behavioral challenges, and physical disabilities. • Job coaching experience preferred. • First Aid/CPR certification • A valid driver’s license is required. • Proactive Approaches to Behavioral Challenges (PABC) Certification Ability to pass PABC training to obtain certification. • CORI background check and DDS mandatory fingerprinting background check is required for all new employees. • Driving record check
Additional Notes: Benefits:
• Sign on bonus of up to $500
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K (tax deferred) with 2% employer contributions
• 12 Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
• No cost Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (sick, vacation, personal)
Pay rate: $16.00 per hour
See full description of the job and apply by clicking here.