Organization: Pressley Ridge School for the Deaf
Location: Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDeadline to Apply: 05/31/2023
Employee Start Date: 03/09/2023
The Direct Support Professional supports the students who reside in our residential cottages and assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring individual and group service plans and procedures during program hours that result in improved adaptive social/interpersonal functioning and high rates of successful program completion among youth in an assigned group.
- Facilitates therapeutic, life skills, and recreational activities
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students
- Provide direct supervision of youth
- Manages conflict and facilitates group and individual problem-solving
- Maintains written records
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) required. Applicants not meeting the minimum ASL proficiency are required to complete coursework and meet the minimum proficiency after hire.*
- Clearances. State Police; FBI clearance; child abuse clearance; CPSL Mandated Reporter-Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse training; any additional background checks/clearances required by state governing bodies.