Organization: Metro Deaf School
Location: St. Paul, MinnesotaDeadline to Apply: 03/27/2023
Employee Start Date: 08/17/2023
Set-ups and distributes breakfast and lunch including: set up when food arrives, serve food and clean up.
- Maintains cafeteria supplies including: dishwasher, trays (both regular and disposable), dish soap, cleaning pads, bowls, utensils, gloves, snacks for students on free/reduced lunch program, hairnets and napkins and notifies Administrative Assistant when supplies are low.
- Responsible for the thorough and accurate recording of Food Production Records.
- Responsible for understanding the state rules and regulations around reimbursable school lunches and food safety; attends required ongoing trainings throughout the school year and as needed.
- Wash aprons/hot pads as necessary.
- Inventories milk on Thursdays and reports to Administrative Assistant.
- Maintains the lunch schedule, tracks students’ lunches, and hands in weekly counts to Secretary at the end of the week.
- Drain water from the warmers and clean and refill with new water weekly. Wash dishes and keep the kitchen clean daily.
- Clean milk cooler each Friday.
- Report problems to the Facilities Manager, Administrative Assistant and/or Executive Director as appropriate.
- Maintains communication with Team Leaders, Teachers, Administrative Assistant about changes with scheduling and food service.
- Upon request prepare bag lunches the day prior to a field trip.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Native user or fluency in American Sign Language required
- Basic math computation skills required
- Experience in cafeteria or food service preferred, but not required
- Must be able to work with staff and students of diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent organizational and communication skills