Organization: Metro Deaf School
Location: St. Paul, MinnesotaDeadline to Apply: 03/27/2023
Employee Start Date: 08/17/2023
Provide student(s) with work-related instruction as directed by the teacher and assists teachers with classroom and training activities on and off-site.
- Assists teacher in meeting the needs of students in an appropriate manner.
- Fosters students’ self-advocacy and independence skills.
- Assists in the supervision of large and small group activities.
- Updates the teacher daily on student progress as directed.
- Assists teacher in maintaining accurate individual records on student progress.
- Assists with classroom displays and preparation of teaching materials (e.g., copying, typing, assembling displays).
- Provide supervision and coaching on job sites to assist student learning job skills.
- Assists students with emergency drills and field trips.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervising teacher and transition coordinator.
- Maintains confidentiality and data privacy as required by federal and state law.
- Two years study at an institution of higher education OR Associate Degree or higher OR experience as a job coach OR willing to become “Highly Qualified”
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language
- Positive experiences with individual children and comfortable with groups of children and older children.
- Comfortable being directed by another adult.
- Experience with office machines, classroom equipment, and computers/printers, etc.
- Willing to participate in staff development activities to become more knowledgeable and skilled as a CATS Job Coach.
- Ability to work in teams Reliable and flexible
- Proficiency in and knowledge of ASL and written English