Organization: Phoenix Day School For the Deaf
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The ASL Programs Administrator reports to the Director of Deaf Programs.
Responsibilities include coordinating the Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) Program throughout ASDB; coordinates and structures the ASL classes for the community and staff, also provides assistance with the ASL course curriculum, ensuring qualified educators are providing ASL instruction and oversees student enrollment, assigning teachers as determined by enrollment and maintains student rosters, evaluates programs and develop strategies to grow the ASL program in conjunction with ASDB’s mission, vision and goals of the agency; coordinates/evaluates ASL knowledge/skills of newly enrolled students in itinerant and Early Learning Programs using language assessments such as VCSL; offers consultation, recommendations and suggestions to administrators, principals and teachers as to learning activities that will improve the ASL skill of students; works with the itinerant programs and campuses to develop and/or adopt formal ASL/English curriculum; provide consultations, collaborates on learning activities and lesson playing in the ASL/English program; invites storytellers in ASL to visit and provide programs to our students on a regular basis.
Individual may be responsible for some or all of the noted duties and/or other related duties.
- Personal experience with sensory impairment
- ASLPI: 4.5 or SLPI: Superior
- Supervisory experience (2 yrs. min)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in ASL Education/Deaf Studies/Linguistics, or a related field
- Must be able to pass FBI and State background check or Fingerprint Clearance Card as position requires by policy or Statute
- Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on State business
- ASLTA is preferred, however, a candidate can be hired with the ability to obtain VCSL Certification within the first year of hire
Salary Pay Rate: $57,658-$88,808
If you feel becoming part of our leading-edge aligns with your mission and values, introduce yourself, we look forward to getting to know you better.
To introduce yourself: asdb.az.gov/teamworks or call 520.770.3019 See full description of the job and apply by clicking here.