Organization: St. Mary's Academy
Location: Englewood, CODeadline to Apply: 03/31/2024
St. Mary’s Academy is seeking a Part-Time High School American Sign Language teacher with experience in teaching ASL 1-4 classes. This is a part-time, 10-month, exempt position reporting to the division principal, beginning in August 2024. The position consists of teaching 1-2 class sections, which ranges from 2-3 hours per day.. Candidates should have strong academic training and expertise in ASL education and possess a demonstrated ability to teach and develop a robust curriculum. This individual will support the community by planning, organizing, and implementing an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Teach 1-2 90-minute block ASL classes
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences that meet students’ varying needs
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Use relevant technology to support instruction
- Provide appropriate and timely feedback on work to allow students to grow in their educational abilities
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development, and prepare required reports on students and activities
- Participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities such as social events, sporting events, clubs, overnight trips, community service, and other school community activitie
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings
- Communicate regularly with students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Keep updated with developments in the subject area, teaching resources, and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Other tasks as assigned
- Adhere to and support the mission of St. Mary’s Academy
- Bachelor’s degree in ASL, Linguistics, Teaching ASL, or related field preferred
- An understanding of and appreciation for the developmental needs of young adolescents
- Willingness to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents
- Commitment to employing a positive, growth mindset to teaching
- A sense of resonance with St. Mary’s Academy’s mission and Loretto values
- Respect for all faith perspectives
The salary range for this part-time, exempt position is $20,000 – $27,000 based on experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and statement of educational philosophy to Lyndal Brookhart, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. No calls, please.
See full description of the job and apply by clicking here.