Location: Rochester, NYDeadline to Apply: 03/01/2024
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
- Teach interpreting skills courses in the ASL-English Interpreter Education Program
- Attend professional development activities
- Participate in communication development activities
- Serve the department, institute and the community as needed
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline related to the field of sign language and interpreting instruction or a relevant field (for example, Applied linguistics, cross-culture communication, communication, curriculum and instruction)
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
- Knowledge of and skills in pedagogy and content of interpreting
- Demonstrated proficiency in American Sign Language and English
- RID certification or another national interpreting certification will be obtained within one year from the starting date of employment.
- Teaching experience in a postsecondary setting
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty; search openings, then Keyword Search 8528BR.
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications and upload the following attachments:
A brief teaching philosophy
List of Professional References
Documentation of RID Certification or other national interpreting certification
Contribution to Diversity Statement
You can contact the search committee with questions on the position at: email@example.com
To receive full consideration, all application materials should be received by March 1, 2024. The position will be kept open until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary Minimum: 56,000
Salary Maximum: 75,000
See full description of the job and apply by clicking here.